Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Plan for Success

Only 2 1/2 weeks until the Freepress Marathon in Detroit.  Last week was the grueling 20 mile training run.  Now it's time to taper the training and rest the muscles for the big day. I don't think I'm going to miss those ultra long runs on Sundays.  Although I  do love the guiltless pleasure of eating whatever comes in sight on Sunday evenings.
I feel ready.  My hubby and I were pretty disciplined this time around.  We even upped the mileage and put in extra days.  Whether it's work or working out it pays to plan.  Plan your work and work your plan; right?  It will not only ensure that you are prepared; it will give you the confidence that you need to succeed. 

"If you fail to plan then plan to fail."

Last week's  training:
MONDAY
rest

TUESDAY
5 mile run - be safe in the dark.  Wear reflective clothes and bring lighting.  I use a flashlight so  that cars can see me and I can see the road ahead.  1 fall this season was enough. 

WEDNESDAY
10 mile run.  Day off; what an oxymoron.  Run, do laundry, bake cupcakes, volunteer at the school, go to a cross country meet (go Mattie!), go to the school picnic and book fair, pass out!

THURSDAY
5 mile run

FRIDAY & SATURDAY
rest

SUNDAY
20 mile run
C'mon Detroit!  The Thompsons are ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Keys to Staying Hydrated

                                  Hydrate                                                                   Nutrate                  ...