Monday, November 17, 2014

What's On My Reading List: Mindset

Most people never run far enough on the first wind to find out they’ve got a second. Give your dreams all you’ve got, and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. William James
I really tried to like this book because of the recommendation it received.  I asked myself over and over, is it just that I get it and don't need to be sold on the concept that is bothering me?  No, it is just a poorly written book.  The author overplays her theory in every sports or business success or failure in the history of the world.

I give it 1 star and 5 Zzzzzzzz's

Mindset: The New Psychology of SuccessMindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
My rating: 1 of 5 stars



This book came highly recommended so it jumped to the top of my "to read" list. Unfortunately, it fell flat of it's recommendation.

Save yourself the time (and boredom) of reading this book. Here is all you need to know:

fixed mindset - my skills are limited
growth mindset - I can improve and have no limitations to how far I can go

The author unfortunately goes on (and on...and on) citing examples of success stories that she attributes to a growth mindset and failures she attributes to a fixed mindset with no merit to any of her claims.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Keys to Staying Hydrated

                                  Hydrate                                                                   Nutrate                  ...