Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Dead Arm Mayonnaise

Many homemade mayonnaise recipes require power tools and face it, many kitchens do not have them.  I love this recipe because it doesn't require any tools except good old arm power and it doesn't make too much.  This is a concern because homemade mayo doesn't have a long shelf life.  You need to use it up quickly.

Homemade Mayonnaise
Printable Version

Ingredients

  • 1 egg yolk (reserve the white and add to an omelet, scrambled eggs or a frittata)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp ground mustard
  • dash white pepper
  • 3/4 c avocado oil
Instructions
  • whisk the egg yolk and spices
  • very slowly - painfully slow - add the avocado oil and continue whisking
  • continue whisking until thick
  • *by painfully I mean "how long could this possibly take" not "oh my gosh, this is killing my arm"

This recipe is Whole30 compliant.  I'm on day 6 of my first Whole30 as part of my 68 Day Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Keys to Staying Hydrated

                                  Hydrate                                                                   Nutrate                  ...