Sunday, January 24, 2016

My 68 Day Challenge; The Whole30 Day 17

Feeling like a rock star!

They call this stage of the Whole30 Tiger Blood and I know why.  For two weeks I went to spin class
and felt a diabolical force resisting the movement of my legs and feet.  The harder I tried to pedal the more resistance there seemed to be.  Like I was getting sucked in by quicksand.  I've gone to class after, well, let's just say more than a few glasses of wine and done better, felt better, rode better.

This week; I owned it.  There was no quick sand holding my legs down.  In fact, it felt like there was no gravity.  Like I was spinning on the moon and could spin forever.  It was awesome!

We are in this very strange place in the Whole30 process.
We count down every day like it's a victory.  Day 11 - defeated.  Day 12 - defeated. Day 15 - we are 1/2 way there.  And at the same time, we keep telling each other I'm never going back.  I feel too good.  I like how I feel.  I want to feel like this every single day.   Sure, I'll have ice cream and treats and wine, of course we'll have wine, but I'm never going back.

Last night we cooked cilantro lime shrimp.  I would say this was my favorite meal of our Whole30 journey, but OMG - it did not compare to the leftover shrimp and spinach omelet I had for breakfast today.  I felt like I was having breakfast at a Ritz Carlton in someplace very exotic (1/2 of that was how good the shrimp was 1/2 was the Michigan winter blues).  When you make this recipe be sure to make enough for your omelet the next day.

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

printable version

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 lbs. deveined shell on shrimp (15 to 1 pound)
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tbs cilantro, minced
  • 1 lime
  • coconut oil
  • salt
  • pepper
Instructions
  • Toss shrimp, garlic, cilantro, and juice from the lime in a bowl
  • (If you are prepping other dishes do not add the lime until you are ready to cook the shrimp)
  • Salt and pepper the shrimp
  • Melt the coconut oil in a skillet on medium high
  • Carefully place the shrimp in the skillet so that they are in a single layer
  • Flip after the first side turns pink (about 3 minutes)
  • Remove from heat when the second side turns pink (about 3 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Keys to Staying Hydrated

                                  Hydrate                                                                   Nutrate                  ...