Saturday, January 2, 2016

My Whole30 Challenge

The top reason I have stayed with the same employer for over 20 years (dating myself) is that it is so great to work for a company with tremendous opportunity that encourages you to grow as a person.  Several years ago they made it even more fun to do so with the 68 Day Challenge.  Check it out here on Facebook:  The 68 Day Challenge.

W9 Manifesto-for-FB-Cover NEWThe challenge I am taking on this year - the Whole30 Program.  30 days of cleaner eating for better health.  No grains, beans, dairy, added sugar, and alcohol for 30 days.  What is  attractive about this program?
First, anyone can do just about anything for only 30 days.  Next, I love this philosophy that eating healthy is easy, it's the psychology that gets in the way.

So, the challenge is 68 days and the program is only 30.  No worries.  This isn't a program to jump right into.  The first few steps that I am working on now:

  1. emptying my pantry of temptation
  2. reading It Starts with Food
  3. meal planning -  for family members on the plan and those not on the plan
  4. schedule planning  

This last one, schedule planning, has actually been the hardest part so far.  Why make this program more difficult by trying to do it when there is extra temptation and will power busters?  We've (I'm lucky that my husband agreed to go along on this journey) moved our start date from February 23rd (the day after my husbands birthday)  to January 4th (let's stop talking and get started) to January 8th (really, you have 2 business dinners this week).



No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Keys to Staying Hydrated

                                  Hydrate                                                                   Nutrate                  ...