Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Never Flip an Omelet Again; The Best Omelet Recipe

I brown bag it when it comes to lunch on work days.  I find that I have NO discipline when eating out.  Restaurants may have healthy offerings, but Berta, the 300 pound Italian girl inside me, always wins out when making a selection.

My eat healthy AND stay happy philosophy is not to be good 100% of the time so when asked out to lunch I will occasionally say "yes."  Coworkers and I went to a diner and when the plates arrived at our table there were "oohs" and "ahhs" and "how do they make the omelets look like that"? 
We all agreed that these were the best omelets we had ever had.  A few days later one coworker attempted it on his own and bragged about the results.  This, of course, was a challenge I couldn't resist.  But, not for me.  This was a challenge for my hubby; the creative cook in the family.

He rose to the challenge and defeated the reigning champion.  Here's how he did it:
Printable version

6 eggs
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
1/2 milk
1/4 water
cheese and toppings (CT used mozzerella and baby spinach)
cooking spray

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Scramble the eggs and mix in flour, grated parmesan, salt, pepper, milk and water.  Coat cast iron skillet with cooking spray and pour 1/2 of the mixture into the skillet. Layer your cheese and toppings on top of the egg mixture and then pour the remaining egg on top (it won't be pretty).  Bake for 10-15 minutes until the egg is set and the top is golden brown.

 
CT's yummy spinach and mozzarella baked omelet

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Keys to Staying Hydrated

                                  Hydrate                                                                   Nutrate                  ...