Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why We Have Vision

After a super successful holiday weekend, I went to work yesterday feeling really great.  Sales are up - yeah us!!!!  Then the seagull flew by.  You know the one.  The one that dumps on you and flies away.  "you'll never guess what so-and-so said to so-and-so this weekend about what you are doing".  Ah!  I was seething.  Super pissed.

I went back to my office, plopped down in my chair, ready to blow up so-and-so with my heat ray vision when I saw the plaque.  Sitting on my desk is a plaque with my mission, my vision and my one word.  I re-read my vision, "Be smart enough to try, brave enough to fail, and humble enough to learn." and all was well in the world.  I am driven by a purpose.  My vision guides my actions and guides me towards my goals. 

There will always be naysayers trying to get in your way, but if you know where you are going (mission) and know how you are going to get there (vision) the naysayers, at most, will only be a noisy distraction.  Their negativity can not pull you down and they can't stop you from achieving your goals.

Make sure to have your mission and vision in writing and place it where you can see it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Keys to Staying Hydrated

                                  Hydrate                                                                   Nutrate                  ...